A dog’s collar is a very important part of your canine’s lifestyle, so you must find the right collar for your pet. With day-to-day stuff like training and going out and about around the neighborhood, leather collars offer a long-term item that your dog will use every day.
It can be a nightmare trying to find the right one, with so many different brands and types to choose from. When your dog is getting up to its usual stuff during the day, you don’t want to waste time searching for its new collar.
You need to make sure you find one that’s the right size and made of a durable material, to stay with your dog for as long as possible.
We’ve narrowed down some of the things you should consider when looking for the perfect collar to make sure you don’t spend too long looking for your dog’s new neckband.
Soft Touch Collars – Luxury Real Leather Padded Dog Collar
Made out of real leather and accompanied with a sleek brass buckle, you know that this collar can withstand elements like weather, your dog’s playful nature, and dirt. Coming in a range of sizes, you can make sure that you find the perfect collar that your dog will use every day for the rest of its life.
Different colors to choose from – With a range of design styles at your fingertips, you can choose the one that best suits your dog. Some pets may suit a light pink more to your standard brown or black leather, so it’s nice to be given a choice.
A place for dog tags – Every collar needs a dog tag to add some personalization to your little buddy’s necklace, so luckily Soft Touch Collars have you covered. With a built-in ring next to the buckle, your dog can feel like themselves despite the new collar.
Lifetime Guarantee – Soft Touch Collars state that there’s no need for a 6 month or 1-year guarantee. If your collar breaks at any point through a fault or wear-and-tear then they’ll replace your product for free. Bonus!
Premade measurement holes can restrict size – With a few sizes to choose from, it’s nice to be able to make your own choice. However, with pre-measured holes for the buckle to fit into, it may feel like the collar is too tight or too loose. It’s a matter of having a play around with the collar until you find the right size!
Clasp may be hard to use – Some collars come with a quick-release clasp, however, this one doesn’t. This means that although it’s harder to come undone, this clasp may be a bit trickier to remove, should you need to take off your dog’s collar.
- FITS DOG NECK SIZE 18 to 21 INCHES - Width is 1.5 inches - Total Length of Collar is 24 inches - (Please measure your dogs neck size before ordering.) LOOKS GREAT WITH OUR MATCHING PADDED DOG LEASH - SEE BELOW -
- NEED A PLACE FOR DOG TAGS? No problem, we have you covered with a built in small ring next to the buckle.
- BEAUTIFUL TWO TONE COLOR WITH SEALED EDGE - Brown and cream with soft inside sheepskin leather padding. As dog lovers ourselves, we designed this dog collar with your dog's comfort in mind. The buckle and d-ring are made with solid brass hardware that's lacquered to prevent rust and corrosion.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY AND WORKMANSHIP: Made with full grain NATURALLY TANNED genuine leather. No harsh chemicals or dyes are used. Why obtain average when for about the same money you can have the best.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE : We guarantee it, and we mean it. This is not a 30 day or 6 month keep your receipt “warranty”. We believe so strongly in the superiority of our product that we back it with a lifetime guarantee. If one of our collars ever fails due to materials or workmanship a replacement collar will be provided.
DAIHAQIKO Leather Dog Collar
With heavy-duty pulling power, this collar ensures that your dog is kept under firm control if they like to push your limits. Made with 100% genuine leather, this waterproof neck accessory ensures that your good boy (or girl) can enjoy themselves in rain or shine!
Good range of sizes to choose from – Starting at a small 13 inch-15 inch bracket and finishing with an extra-large 20 inch-27 inch size, DAIHAQIKO makes sure they’ve got all bases covered when it comes to the sizing of your dog’s needs.
Metal allay used for metal – It’s not always the collar itself you need to think of. When a metal is made to prevent rust, it’s always a plus that you know you’re getting a material that suits your dog’s needs, whatever the weather!
Good warranty – Allowing you up to 60 days return period if you don’t like the product is always nice. This product also comes with a 1-year guarantee that if your product has a fault or doesn’t live up to your expectations, then you can get a replacement or a refund!
Limited amount of colors – When it comes to collars, sometimes you’d rather have a bright color on your dog. However, this product only ranges from black to brown, with either double or single stitching.
Smaller durability expectancy – With regards to how long collars last, some last a few years and some can last a lot longer. Unfortunately, this product falls into the first category and means that you may have to purchase another collar after 3-5 years.
- 【100% genuine leather】Leather dog collar is made of top layer cowhide, soft, flexible, and durable, which will not harm your dog's skin, and is comfortable to wear for a long time. Heavy duty 350lb pull power large dog collar, typically 3-5 years of use.
- 【Full size for choice】Small Dog Collar (S) : width 0.8", 13.3"-15.5" neck size; Medium Dog Collar (M):width 1", 16"-20" neck size; Large Dog Collar(L) : width 1.2", 17"-23" neck size; Extra Large Dog Collar(XL) : width 1.4", 20"-27" neck size, please measure your pet's neck before ordering.
- 【Well hardware】We use high-quality metal buckles instead of plastic buckles, which are both good-looking and durable. The D-ring is welded, with great strength and durability. And One D-ring for attaching the dog leash and the other for the ID tag. The Genuine Leather Dog Collar is perfect for daily walking, training, and outdoor sports.
- 【Ideal gift】The dog collars equipped with an exquisite gift box can be an ideal gift for your friends and new neighbors. It's also a perfect choice as a festival gift. Brown dog collars fit almost all dog types, such as Alaskan Malamute, Golden retriever, Labrador, Bulldog, Corgi, etc.
- 【After-sale service】60 days no reason to return, one year quality guarantee, if the products you purchased have quality issues, please feel free to contact us at first, we will resend a new one or refund to you.
chede Basic Classic Padded Leather Dog Collar
Available in four different colors and sizes, this product uses an enclosed design to prevent the clipping of your dog’s hair.
This limits the irritation your dog might have at the thought of a new collar. With proper measurement, the collar leaves no room for your dog to chew on their new accessory.
Able to add your dog tag – To allow you to have your customization, this collar has a space for you to add your dog’s tag. This keeps your dog’s personality an important part of his/her new collar.
Good materials used – With metal allay used for the metal aspects of this collar, the risk of corrosion and rust is reduced massively. No harsh chemicals or dyes are used to ensure that your best friend is harm-free.
Satisfaction guarantee – Another company that reassures you that if you’re not happy with your product then they’ll refund you for your troubles. Added security with a 60 day no reason to return, 1-year warranty.
Limited colors to choose from – With only four colors at your disposal, it means that your options are a bit slim. However, if you don’t mind collar color, then you can still rely on the product quality to keep your dog happy.
More suitable for medium/large sized dogs – Smaller dogs may not fit into the collars due to the slightly larger measurements. It’s always useful to measure your dog, rather than go off of general measurements.
- ★Neck 14.5"-19.5", Width 1", Size L; The collar does not stretch itself, please make sure leave ONLY 2 fingers between collar and dog neck. A properly fitting collar and harness won't leave any room for your dog to chew.
- ★ FOR DOG TAGS,we have you covered with a built in small ring next to the buckle.Fully enclosed design, prevent clip hair.
- ★GREAT MATERIAL , metal allay buckle and D-ring to prevent rust and corrosion, No harsh chemicals or dyes are used.
- ★STRONG AND DURABLE,Multiple occasions suitable, heavy duty hardware, sturdy enough, match leather leashes set , great for daily walking, training, outdoor sports.
- ★60 days no reason to return, one year quality guarantee, if the products you purchased have quality issues, please feel free to contact us at first, we will resend a new one or refund to you.
Logical Leather Dog Collar
Made with a thick and full-grain leather strap, this collar is designed to not fray or collect hairs like nylon-based products. Coming with space for tag rings and other accessories, this collar leaves room for you to personalize your dog’s new item with ease.
Lots of colors to choose from – With 12 different designs at your disposal this collar has style. Whether you prefer blue, red, or just plain black – you can easily choose the collar that sums up your furry friend’s personality.
Lifetime guarantee – If you’re not happy with your new collar, Logical has given you the options of a refund or a replacement, meaning no extra hassle for you.
Padded material used – With your dog needing to wear a collar every day, this product keeps their comfort at the top of the list. With how easy the collar is to wash, the added comfort means taking off your dog’s neck accessory is as smooth and pain-free as possible.
Measurement holes can be restricting – With measurement holes only an inch apart from each other, it means that there’s not a lot of breathing room for adjustment. If too big or too small, it can mean having to replace the product.
Thickness can hinder your dog’s comfort slightly – Because of how thick and durable the collar is, it can mean that dogs may feel a bit awkward and confined. Despite lowering the risk of slipping out of the collar, your dog may be slightly restrained.
- ✅ GENUINE FULL GRAIN PADDED LEATHER STRAP - Thick, durable outer full grain leather stitched to soft padded split leather lining. Won't fray or collect hair like nylon collars. 25" Long, 1 1/4" Wide and 3/16" Thick.
- ✅ BEAUTIFUL, COMFORTABLE AND DURABLE - Designer quality made in North America. Your pet will look great while walking, training, and relaxing in this comfy collar. Matching leashes are available from Logical Leather.
- ✅ EASY CARE - Resists water & stains with minimal care. Cleans up easily with soft damp cloth and gentle leather cleaner like Logical Leather Cleaner Spray.
- ✅ PREMIUM HARDWARE - Heavy duty metal clasp and rivets with welded leash ring and convenient tag ring for IDs and pet tags.
- ✅ LIFETIME GUARANTEE - If, for whatever reason, you don't absolutely love your padded leather dog collar, just return it, and we'll refund every penny (or replace it, if there is a problem).
ADITYNA Heavy Duty Leather Dog Collar
It’s always nice when a collar finds the right balance between comfort and durability. With soft, strong leather and a double buckle, this dog accessory ensures that your dog’s natural wear and tear can’t ruin your brand-new collar. With a 2 year guarantee, you know your back is covered if you’re not satisfied.
Heavy-duty keeps your dog safe – Passing the 400lb pulling test, this collar is scientifically proven to keep your dog safe, no matter how big they are. It means that you can walk your dog stress-free from slipping out.
Handmade with genuine leather – You can really tell when genuine love and care has been put into a collar, and your dog will thank you for it. The leather will reduce the risk of annoying your dog and even comes with a bow you can attach to their new collar. Stylish!
Double buckle and two D-rings – With safety being such a huge part of a dog’s collar, having two buckles ensures that your dog’s security is doubled. Two D-rings also allow for name tags and other accessories to be attached with ease.
Less suitable for smaller dogs – Due to the heavy nature of the collar this may be unsuitable for smaller dogs. The last thing you want is your dog being weighed down whilst they’re trying to get on with their day, so if you’ve got a small dog you might be better looking out for a smaller collar.
Limited color selection – With only two colors to pick from, black and brown, the design is fairly basic. However, the two colors at your disposal look clean and smooth – meaning your dog’s style looks great!
- BEST CHOICE DOG COLLAR FOR MEDIUM DOGS with a neck size between 13 to 20 Inches; width is 1,2 inches; total length of the collar is 22 inches. Examples for medium dog breeds: French bulldog, Poodle, Beagle, Corgi, Dachshund, Boston terrier, Shetland sheepdog, Brittanys, pug, Border Collie, Vizsla, Australian shepherd(35-55lb), Basset hound(40-50lb). To ensure you'll receive the best-fitted size for your dog please measure his neck before choosing the size and then check the sizing table.
- TOP-RATED LEATHER DOG COLLAR - comfortable and featuring secure fastening with double buckle, two d-rings, and high-quality leather, the Adityna leather collar is a great option for all dogs including the ones with sensitive skin. Get only premium products for your beloved friend.
- STYLISH HANDMADE DESIGN - if you’re looking for a dog collar to perfectly fit even the most stylish leather dog leash you are in the right place. This dog leather collar is handmade with only the finest 100% genuine leather. The deluxe gift package also contains an elegant Dog Bow Tie made of genuine leather.
- IMPROVE YOUR LIFE - get this leather collar for dogs and enjoy a stress-free day by walking your dog without any fear as its strong locking system and ultra-resistant design have successfully passed even the 400lb pulling test.
- US CUSTOMER CARE PROMISE - your experience with our heavy-duty dog collar is our guideline and we will fully refund your purchase if any complaints arise. No questions, only love! Just contact us directly and we’ll be more than happy to help. Add it to your cart now as it comes with a 2 years guarantee.
Leather collars can have more things to consider than you’d think. It comes down to obvious stuff like size and color, however, this almost makes it easier to overlook such topics.
Each area to consider can affect other areas, so it’s important to look at every possible option when looking to buy your new accessory.
Obviously, when looking at leather collars, you’re always going to get a leather-based material. However, you’d be surprised. Some companies will use synthetic materials to replicate leather, to avoid using 100% leather.
This can be down to many reasons. First of all, it can be cheaper to use a synthetic substitute than to use the actual material – which can make a huge difference in the quality of the product.
Another reason for this can be for ethical reasons! Due to leather coming from animals, usually cows, a lot of people would rather use an alternative source for their leather. Of course, this applies to groups with lifestyles that don’t involve animal produce.
Materials can often wither over the years and mean that you have to buy a new collar. It’s vital to make sure that you’re choosing materials that can withstand different weathers.
And that’s not just the leather. The metal on the collar can be made out of a lot of different types. Common types can be nickel, to help reduce staining and rust, and metal allay, designed to keep collars durable.
It’s also good to make sure that there aren’t any sharp metal parts sticking out that potentially harm your pup.
When thinking of what color of collar you want, it’s easy to assume that the main reason is down to how you want the collar to look – which is understandable.
But it’s also useful to remember that chemicals used in the dye can be potentially harmful to our furry buddies.
For example, chede’s Basic Classic Leather Dog Collar states that they don’t use harsh chemicals in their dye to reiterate that they achieved different colors in a way that won’t be harmful to dogs with sensitive skin.
Choosing the right color for a dog collar can be a hard choice to make. That’s why it’s great when a collar has lots to choose from. For example, some may only leave a brown or a black to choose from – the most common shades for leather.
Others, such as Logical’s Leather Dog Collar, have up to 12 different colors at your fingertips at no extra cost. Everyone’s dog has their own personality and their own characteristics.
No two dogs are the same! That’s why it’s important to be able to make sure your buddy stands out from their fellow four-legged friends. The good thing about leather is even when the color choice is limited, the material looks dignified on its own.
One of the first things to consider when looking for leather collars is to look for what size will suit your canine best friend the best. It’s always useful to remember that you should be able to fit two fingers between your pup’s neck and the collar, otherwise it’ll be too tight.
Most brands will tell you in the product description that it’s always best to measure your dog first, rather than going off of the measurements stated by the company.
This avoids having to send your purchase back for a replacement, should it be too big or too small. Some products will have a guide under the description, so it’s always useful to look out for these if you’re interested in that particular product.
Thickness is always a factor too, not just the actual size of the collar. When a dog needs a bit of a tougher accessory, it’s a good idea to get a thicker collar because they’re going to need more safety.
The thicker the collar, the sturdier it is – especially if your dog loves to chew things and it accidentally finds its way into your pup’s mouth!
However, if you’ve measured using the ‘two thumb rule’ as mentioned above, your dog shouldn’t be able to get their teeth on your new collar – saving you a massive headache!
It may seem a bit trivial but finding a collar with little add-ons can really make a difference in deciding on which product to aim for. When a collar comes with things like rings, it’s a really useful way to implement your style.
For example, a D-ring can be used to have your dog’s name tag on them. Not only does this ensure your dog gets to have a bit of personal touch to your collar, but it can also have their contact details on it – just in case.
You can also add a bow to your dog’s collar, providing another bit of character to your canine’s new neckpiece.
Frequently Asked Questions
It all depends on what type of leather has been used. If a synthetic substitute has been used in place of authentic material, it can sometimes have an effect on dogs with sensitive skin.
It’s always useful to research where the leather comes from – companies will usually state under the description of the product. It’s also worth checking if any potentially harmful chemicals have been used when making the collar, especially with dyed products.
As mentioned above, there’s a way to check if your dog will be comfortable in its new collar. Simply put, you should be able to fit two thumbs between your dog and where the collar will sit on your dog’s neck.
If it’s any less then you risk your pet being uncomfortable, any looser and they may slip out.
With a measuring tape, using this method, you’ll be able to find out how many inches is perfect for your dog’s new collar’s size. Products will have a size guide in their description.
There are several benefits to having a leather dog collar. For example, the longer your dog wears their collar, the accessory will soften and become comfier for your dog to wear.
On top of this, due to the sturdiness of the material, leather is one of the longest-lasting materials you can have for a collar. Leather also makes it harder for your dog to slip out of and difficult to grip if it gets wet or cold.